The holidays are a time for family, friends, and, unfortunately, germs. From colds to the flu, there are plenty of ways to catch something during this festive time of year …
However, there are also plenty of ways to prevent yourself and your family from getting sick. One of the best ways to do this is by investing in an air purifier for your home.
An air purifier can help fight holiday germs in a few different ways. First, it can remove contaminants from the air, including bacteria and viruses. Second, it can help reduce household dust, which can be a breeding ground for germs. And lastly, it can help improve the air quality, which is especially important if someone in your home suffers from allergies or asthma.
But an air purifier isn’t the only way to improve air quality! Here are some other easy ways to do so:
- Open your windows! One of the easiest ways to let fresh air into your home is to open your windows. This will help circulate the air and eliminate any stale, stuffy air, at least when it’s not too freezing!
- Bring in some plants! Plants are nature’s purifiers and can help remove toxins from the air in your home. Spiders, aloe vera, and bamboo palms are some of the best plants for purifying the air.
- Make sure to vacuum and dust regularly. Vacuuming and dusting are essential for removing allergens from surfaces in your home. Be sure to do this at least once a week and more often if you have pets or if someone in your family suffers from allergies.
- Use natural cleaning products. Many commercial cleaning products contain chemicals that can pollute the air in your home. To avoid this, look for natural cleaning products or use ingredients like vinegar and lemon juice.
- Take off your shoes when you come inside. Believe it or not, your shoes can track all sorts of pollutants from outside, including pesticides, lead, and bacteria. To keep these out of your home, make it a rule to take off your shoes as soon as you enter.
By following these simple tips, you can help improve the air quality in your home and fight holiday germs simultaneously!
But a whole-home air purifier is the most effective method to purify your home’s air. If you want a system for your home that can catch 99.97% of these particles, consider the iWave Air from Nu-Calgon™, which generates more ions than any other air purifier to neutralize pollutants, allergens, bacteria, and viruses.