February means Valentine’s cards and cozying up in your home. Here are some tips to show your HVAC system you care and never get left in the cold.
- Signed, sealed, goodbye drafts! Air leaks in your home welcome cool air in and waste warm air from your system. Ensure that all windows are shut, and doors have weather seals to prevent sneaky drafts.
- Surprise your HVAC system with something they love! Change out old filters for new ones to keep your system clean and happy.
- Plan a date for inspection. Hire a professional to inspect your unit and ensure it’s working as it should. Regular maintenance decreases the chances of your system having big problems down the road.
- Make time for your vents. Check your home vents to make sure they are not covered by coaches, curtains or cats. Vents that are uncovered will work more effectively to warm or cool your home.
- Commitment is great but sometimes you need an upgrade. Modern HVAC equipment is more efficient and cost effective for your home. Consider updating or upgrading your system to ensure you’re never left in the cold.
If you want to show your HVAC system that you truly care this Valentine’s day, call H. A. Sun at (248)335-4555.