Skip to content
24/7 Emergency Service Available
(248) 335-4555

The Danger of Blocked Vents

The winter months bring the need for heat but don’t let the potential weather cause bigger issues. Carbon monoxide is found in fumes produced anytime your furnace is working. It’s important to keep your furnace vents, intakes valves and chimney snow free. Blocked vents could cause carbon monoxide to build up in your home and cause carbon monoxide poisoning.

A vent that has been blocked can also affect how your furnace works. It may run improperly or not at all when the intake or exhaust vent is blocked.

If your home has carbon monoxide detectors, check the batteries regularly. If you believe you may have a carbon monoxide issue, open doors and windows immediately and leave your home.

Common signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include:

  • Dull headache
  • Weakness
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Shortness of breath
  • Confusion
  • Blurred vision
  • Loss of consciousness

Carbon monoxide leaks can come from heating systems and ventilation problems, that’s why it’s important to have an HVAC company like H. A. Sun perform annual furnace maintenance on your system.

If you’re concerned about blocked furnace vents at your home, contact H. A. Sun or schedule maintenance service online now.

Leave a Comment